New LDV members survey now live: your views on Lib Dem elections, Trident, and the Labour leadership contest
by Stephen Tall on September 17, 2010
The new LDV members’ survey is now live. So if you are one of the 1,000+ registered members of the Liberal Democrat Voice forum – and any paid-up party member is welcome to join – then you now have the opportunity to make your views known.
We’ll be undertaking a full post-conference survey in a week or so’s time, so this survey focuses on some internal party elections coming up in the Lib Dems and Labour, specifically:
- following the announcement that Baroness Ros Scott is standing down as Party President, what you think the main role of the President should be;
- what you think has been Ros’s biggest achievement or failure in the role;
- whether you think any Parliamentarians should stand;
- an early staw poll of the names so far mentioned;
- who you think should be the Lib Dem candidate for Mayor of London;
- your views on Trident and future defence policy;
- who you think would make the best leader of the Labour party from Labour’s perspective; and
- who you think would make the best Labour leader from the Lib Dems’ electoral vantage.
It should take no longer than 5 minutes to fill in. All registered members of the Forum should have already been e-mailed with a unique link to take you to the survey. If you haven’t received yours, or if you are signing up to the Forum now, please drop Ryan Cullen a line at
We’ll publish the results in a few days’ time. You can access the results from our previous LDV members surveys by clicking here.