by Stephen Tall on March 18, 2010
Welcome to the (conference-belated) Golden Dozen, and our 160th weekly round-up from the Lib Dem blogosphere … Featuring the seven most popular stories according to click-throughs from the Aggregator (7th – 13th Mar 2010), together with a hand-picked quintet, usually courtesy of LibDig, you might otherwise have missed.
Don’t forget, by the way, you can now sign up to receive the Golden Dozen direct to your email inbox – just click here – ensuring you never miss out on the best of Lib Dem blogging.
As ever, let’s start with the most popular post, and work our way down:
1. Election appeal – can you make a donation to help these 5 Lib Dem candidates today? by Stephen Tall on Lib Dem Voice.
You can still make a donation, y’know.
2. A conservative Liberal on Chris Davies MEP’s blog.
A warm welcome to the Lib Dems to former Tory leader in Europe, Edward McMillan-Scott.
3. By-election results: 11 March 2010 – Tory holds weakening by Helen Duffett on Lib Dem Voice.
And, even better, the Lib Dem vote strengthening.
4. Hardcore porn director stands as Lib Dem PPC by Julian Harris on Liberal Vision.
Hurrah for Anna Arrowsmith for helping put the liberal back into Lib Dems.
5. Real Liberal not Fake Tory on David Grace’s Disgruntled Radical.
Not impressed by Nick being impressed by Maggie.
6. Adam Boulton: Kampfner defection should worry Labour on Jonathan Calder’s Liberal England.
Yes, indeedy: a warm welcome to John Kampfner, the week’s other defection to the Lib Dems.
7. Lib Dems set for major breakthrough – The Independant on Qurban Hussain’s Standing up for Luton.
Today Luton South, tomorrow the country.
And now to the five blog-posts that come highly recommended regardless of the number of Aggregator click-throughs they attracted. As is now traditional we’re using the LibDig bookmarking website for party members to select some of the posts from the seven days in question which you’ve most ‘dug’. But, remember, if you want to highlight a Lib Dem blog article published in the past seven days – your own, or someone else’s – using the steam-powered method of e-mail all you have to do is drop a line to (providing the web-link and author, and any tagline comment you care to have published).
8. A little fact Iain Dale didn’t mention by Mark Pack on Lib Dem Voice.
“The shocking piece of text saying that Anna Arrrowsmith supports Labour is … six years old. Yes verily, it’s shocking news that the party has selected as a candidate someone who was a Labour supporter six years ago ” (Submitted by andrew.reeves via LibDig).
9. Guest post from Hugh O’Donnell MSP on the Venezuelan motion in Holyrood on Andrew Reeves’ Running Blog.
“Lib Dem MSP takes on hero of the left Hugo Chavez and shows the big difference between liberalism and socialism – a real respect for people.” (Submitted by caron via LibDig).
10. My bad dog experiences and what I would do by Darren Bridgeman on the Bracknell Blog.
“A story of a dog attack and people who are scared of dogs, and some ideas on how to solve the dangerous dog problem” (Submitted by dazmando via LibDig).
11. Tony McNulty and other errant MPs are in for a shock on Mark Thompson’s Mark Reckons.
The POWER2010 campaign has him (and others) in its sights.
12. Lib Dem PPC Caught…Campaigning on Nick Thornsby’s blog.
The shocking news that Lib Dem PPC, Jeremy Hilton, is trying to attract publicity to his campaign.
And that’s it for another week. Happy blogging ‘n’ reading.
<a href="http://www.libdemvoice.org/top-of-the-blogs-the-golden-dozen-160-18414.html"><img src="http://www.libdemvoice.org/images/golden-dozen.png" width="200" height="57" alt="Featured on Liberal Democrat Voice" title="Featured on Liberal Democrat Voice" /></a>