by Stephen Tall on November 22, 2009
Welcome to the 143rd of our weekly round-ups from the Lib Dem blogosphere, featuring the seven most popular stories according to click-throughs from the Aggregator (8th – 14th November 2009), together with a hand-picked quintet, partly courtesy of LibDig, you might otherwise have missed.
Don’t forget, by the way, you can now sign up to receive the Golden Dozen direct to your email inbox – just click here – ensuring you never miss out on the best of Lib Dem blogging.
As ever, let’s start with the most popular post, and work our way down:
1. Irfan Ahmed implodes on Jonathan Calder’s Liberal England blog.
So, farewell then.
2. Edward Woodward – Cornish memories of a star who signed my nomination papers… on John Ault’s Alter Ego blog.
Ewar Woowar, it turns out, was a Lib Em.
3. Anti Lib-Dem bias of Diane Abbott on John R’s Liberal Revolution blog.
Yes, it’s the continuing anti-Lib Demmery of BBC1’s This Week.
4. Iain Dale endorsement on Nich Starling’s Norfolk Blogger blog.
And if you can survive that, Nich, you’ll be able to survive anything.
5. Nick’s Sheffield Hallam opponent quits as Tory candidate after just 10 days on Lib Dem Voice.
Oh dear, mustn’t laugh.
6. Will the Conservatives deal with racism in the Orpington PPC selection? by Mark Pack on Lib Dem Voice.
Reporting Duncan Borrowman’s exposure of Bromley Tory councillor Peter ‘Not one of them has a ‘normal’ English name’ Hobbins.
7. Does anyone love the London Lib Dems? on James Graham’s Quaequam Blog!
How do you solve a problem like low attendance at the London Regional Conference?
And now to the five blog-posts that come highly recommended regardless of the number of Aggregator click-throughs they attracted. As is now traditional we’re using the LibDig widget to select some of the posts from the seven days in question which you’ve most ‘dug’. But, remember, if you want to highlight a Lib Dem blog article published in the past seven days – your own, or someone else’s – using the steam-powered method of e-mail all you have to do is drop a line to (providing the web-link and author, and any tagline comment you care to have published).
8. A fisking of Labour schmaltz on Sara Bedford’s Always win when you’re singing blog.
“#againsttheodds Sara Bedford takes apart the latest Labour PPB.” (Submitted by James Graham via LibDig).
9. Michael Brown donation: we got lucky on James Graham’s Quaequam Blog!
“The Lib Dems have been cleared on the Michael Brown donation, but should they be so cocky about it?” (Submitted by ahanson via LibDig).
10. A Question of Sexuality – or Not on Stephen Glenn’s Linlithgow Journal.
“Thought provoking piece from Stephen on the pros and cons of having a question about sexuality on the upcoming census.” (Submitted by MarkThopson via LibDig).
11. The Tories and control orders: saying one thing, voting another way by Stephen Tall on Lib Dem Voice.
“Stephen Tall on the Tories’ political cowardice when it comes to control orders.” (Submitted by MarkThopson via LibDig).
12. Mathematical error leads to blunder by Local Government Boundary Commission for Wales by Ali Goldsworthy on the Freedom Central blog.
Boundary Commission in ’schoolbiy error’ shock.
And that’s it for another week. Happy blogging.
<a href="http://www.libdemvoice.org/top-of-the-blogs-the-golden-dozen-144-16901.html"><img src="http://www.libdemvoice.org/images/golden-dozen.png" width="200" height="57" alt="Featured on Liberal Democrat Voice" title="Featured on Liberal Democrat Voice" /></a>