by Stephen Tall on November 13, 2009
What could be simpler: five categories, each with five links. And it’s Friday.
5 most-read stories on LDV this week
1. Opinion: No to All-Men Shortlists (54) by Jo Swinson MP
2. Cambridge MP David Howarth to stand down (14) by The Voice
3. Lib Dem peer admits exploiting expenses loophole (33) by The Voice
4. The weirdest criticism of Gordon Brown, ever – FACT (5) by Mark Pack
5. John Pugh MP writes … Twitter ye Not – why Frankie Howerd was right (14) by John Pugh MP
5 recent Lib Dem tweets
>> MarkReckons RT @AndrewSparrow ‘Thatcher has died’ – how a text message caused diplomatic panic http://bit.ly/1zgQlY
>> alexfoster The seven scariest words in the world: “Charlotte Gore is following you on Twitter”
>> nick_clegg Video of my interview of @SusanKramer at the @greenpeaceuk #airplot site after planting our apple tree http://bit.ly/XSRcN
>> willhowells It appears it’s Friday the 13th. I have learnt this from events rather than the calendar.
>> caronmlindsay Yikes! Our first Christmas card has just arrived!
5 top non-Lib Dem LibDig postings to look at
1. We cannot change the world by changing our buying habits (Guardian)
“George Monbiot reports on some interesting research in Nature, suggesting that maybe small green actions don’t actually lead to larger ones, and that we should all stop being such self-absorbed ninnies and campaign for real, political change.” – submitted by achinton.
2. MPs express anger at PCC phone hacking ‘whitewash’ (Guardian)
“Who’d have thought – the press’s regulatory body decided it wasn’t worth investigating the press over alleged criminal behaviour.” – submitted by stephenftall.
3. Yes, it’s hard for working mums. But dads want to be with their children too (Guardian)
“After Gaby Hinsliff explained that she was resigning as Observer political editor because her family life was suffering too much, Demos director Richard Reeves argues here that working fathers are finding it just as hard to maintain a healthy work-life balance.” – submitted by markpack.
4. Fat is a humanist issue | Marianne Kirby
“Spare us the condescension of the medical profession.” – submitted by james.graham.
5. Liberal Conspiracy » Population growth: Are you pro-cancer?
“Thought-provoking piece with a different twist on a traditional immigration argument.” – submitted by markpack
5 active LDV Members’ Forum threads
5 top reader search returns to get to LDV
(excluding Liberal Democrat Voice or its variants)
1. lest we forget
2. what is slavery
3. site:www.libdemvoice.org “code of conduct” “federal executive” rennard may
4. patrick murray lib dem
5. lib dems poll in scotland
That’s yer lot, folks, from this latest bite of the LDV Friday Five (ish). Let the weekend commence in 5-4-3-2-1 …