by Stephen Tall on September 11, 2009
Welcome to a new LDV feature, one of those ventures which we all may learn to love, or might die a dismal death – Reader, You Decide. The format’s simple: five categories, each with five links. Feeling daring? Then read on …
5 most-read stories on LDV this week
1. Gavin Webb quits Lib Dems, joins Libertarian Party (113) by Stephen Tall
2. 29% of seats have not changed hands since 1945 (11) by Mark Pack
3. Video: Don’t let the Tories airbrush history (6) by The Voice
4. Save general election night! (12) by Mark Pack
5. Saving general election night: round-up of reaction (6) by Mark Pack
5 recent Lib Dem Tweets
>> paulwalteruk Just discovered a dentist who is now describing himself on his letterhead as a “Smilemaker”. Pass the sickbag, Alice.
>> helenduffett Something exciting and Blog Awards-related has just arrived #LDBOTY http://flic.kr/p/6XqUtP
>> chriskeating If Alan Turing spoke to Gordon Brown, would he be convinced that Brown was a human being?
>> alexfoster Number 10 petitions with only one signature: http://bit.ly/3w5bcX
>> rfenwick “The Best Western Hotel Royale, Bournemouth” – all the words sound lovely, and yet when put together in that order…
5 top non-Lib Dem LibDig postings to look at
1. Littlejohn doesn’t do research shock: “This amused me. You couldn’t mkae it up? Well you don’t need to when your research is so poor.” – submitted by scmjerram.
2. Never mind the politics, it’s time to join the euro: “Very interesting and timely article from Denis MacShane (Labour MP)” – submitted by Jeremy Hargreaves.
3. Council Develops Service Location iPhone ‘App’: “Nice to see Lib Dem run Sutton Council looking at innovative ways to get council services in front of people” – submitted by markpack.
4. Why the BNP needs the ‘oxygen of publicity’ – to choke itself: “No messing about with the headline on this post.” – submitted by markpack.
5. ‘Contraception cheapest way to combat climate change’ – Telegraph: “I wouldn’t wish to come across as an OPT nutter but this seems like common sense to me – liberal and equitable.” – submitted by james.graham
5 active LDV Members’ Forum threads
5 top reader search returns to get to LDV
(as measured by Google Analytics)
1. Liberal Democrat Voice [or variants thereof]
2. site:www.libdemvoice.org elephant “stephen tall” [erm…? – Ed.]
3. gavin webb
4. adam smith institue lib dem
5. libdem vision
That’s yer lot, folks, from this first bite of the LDV Friday Five (ish). Your weekend can now officially commence.