by Stephen Tall on June 10, 2007
The last four months have gone so quickly… welcome to the 16th of our weekly round-ups from the Lib Dem blogosphere, featuring the seven most popular stories according to click-throughs from the Aggregator (3rd – 9th June), together with a hand-picked quintet you might otherwise have missed.
(And my thanks, again, to my LDV and Oxford city council colleague, Richard Huzzey, for holding the fort last week while I was wandering round the Louvre.)
Without further frolicking, let’s get down to business:
1. ‘Returning officer reports into Leyton and Wanstead PPC contest leaked’ by Stephen Tall on Lib Dem Voice.
Question to readers posed by Tony Greaves in the comments: is this the kind of story that should be posted be posted on the public part of LDV?
2. ‘Question Time takes advantage of senile old man’ by Tom Papworth on his Liberal Polemic blog.
Think it’s safe to say Mr Papworth doesn’t regard Mr Benn (Snr) as a national treasure.
3. ‘Maureen Lipman’s put-down to a racist’ by Paul Walter on his Liberal Burblings blog.
A fascinating glimpse of casual racism. (Some pretty impressive name-dropping, too.)
4. ‘Exclusive – Iain Dale to take on Norman Lamb again’ on Nich Starling’s Norfolk Blogger blog.
But this time he’s sticking to the safety of the 18 Doughty Street studios.
5. ‘Lib Dem block vote in Labour Deputy electoral college’ by Richard Huzzey on Lib Dem Voice.
Help Lib Dem MP John Hemming decide how to cast his vote for Labour’s next deputy leader.
6. ‘The Rennard BBQ video and a few more pics’ on Jonathan Wallace’s blog.
Did you wish you were there? Well, now you virtually can be.
7. ‘Impressive Ming Campbell media performances’ on Paul Walter’s Liberal Burblings blog (again).
Bigging-up the Lib Dem leader’s recent media forays.
And here are another five you might have missed, but are well worth a look:
8. ‘Brown’s test for Ming’ by Rob Knight on Liberal Review’s Apollo blog.
Will Ming and Nick Clegg be strong enough to refuse to compromise with Labour on extending detention without charge?
9. ‘Mixed race in the Liberal Democrats – an oppressed minority?’ on Mark Valladeres’ Liberal Bureaucracy blog.
The post-GLA selection debate ripples out.
11. ‘Why is the Olympic logo so bad?’ on Jonathan Calder’s Liberal England blog.
Mr Calder has a theory.
12. ‘Liberalism down the years’ by Toby Philpott on the Liberal Legend II blog.
A warm welcome back to the Lib Dem blogosphere for Toby.
And that’s it for another week. And, don’t forget, if you have an opinon(ated) article you’d like to see published on LDV, ping me an e-mail.
* Stephen Tall blogs at ‘A Liberal Goes A Long Way’.