by Stephen Tall on January 2, 2011
… We’d say a big thank you to the 51,153 ‘absolute unique visitors’* who read Liberal Democrat Voice in December.
That’s a notch down on our November figure of c.59,000, but almost double the equivalent figure for December ’09 of c.27,000.
Incidentally, if you’re wondering why we publish our readership figures — is it show-off vanity, or pedantic statophilia — I came up with a few reasons at the start of last year. The arguments still stack up, I think.
The 5 top-read stories during the month were:
- Opinion: Richard Huzzey – “I resign” (225) by Richard Huzzey
- Probably the most inappropriate Christmas card ever sent … (3) by Stephen Tall
- Tuition fees: How Liberal Democrat MPs voted (78) by Helen Duffett
- Opinion: A letter from students to Lib Dem MPs (112) by The Voice
- Tuition fees: which way will MPs vote on Thursday? (76) by Mark Pack
And the top 5 traffic sources for Lib Dem Voice in December were:
* Absolute unique visitor readership: 757,363 (2009 figure: 340,377, so +55% on last year).
* Highest number of visitors: 13,929 (7th May).
* Registered users of LDV members forum: 1,658 (1,089 at end of 2009).
* Most-read article of 2010: What should the party do next? Have your say by 2pm on Saturday (396 comments) by Mark Pack on 7th May
* Top referrer to LDV: Twitter.
Whether you’re a regular here, or an occasional ‘popper-by’, we’re delighted you looked in.
- If you want to keep up-to-date with Lib Dem Voice in the future, then why not sign up for our daily email alerts: easy-to-navigate links to Voice articles delivered to your inbox every morning;
- If you enjoy reading Lib Dem Voice, why not try writing for the site?
- If you’re a party member, don’t forget to check out our private members’ forum, which also includes being polled for our regular members’ surveys;
- And if you value LDV’s work throughout the year, please consider making a donation to our running costs: this is a not-for-profit website, and the whole team donates their time and effort free of charge. Any money you choose to give will help make LDV even better in the future.
* Google Analytics’ term: it broadly means people using about 51,000 different computers visited LDV at least once. Some people may be counted more than once (eg, home and work computer), whilst some people may not be counted (eg, two different people use the same computer, or someone reads the site through a feed reader without ever actually visiting it).