by Stephen Tall on June 30, 2010
Welcome to the Golden Dozen, and our 175th weekly round-up from the Lib Dem blogosphere … Featuring the seven most popular stories beyond Lib Dem Voice according to click-throughs from the Aggregator (20th – 26th June, 2010), together with a hand-picked quintet, normally courtesy of LibDig, you might otherwise have missed.
Don’t forget: you can sign up to receive the Golden Dozen direct to your email inbox – just click here – ensuring you never miss out on the best of Lib Dem blogging.
As ever, let’s start with the most popular post, and work our way down:
1. Budget: Coalition fails its first test – and, pul-lease, spare us the codswallop about ‘hard choices’ on Paul Walter’s Liberal Burblings.
The Lib Dem leadership were duped by the Tories, claims Paul.
2. Any other Lib Dems feeling the slightest bit hypocritical today? on Nich Starling’s Norfolk Blogger.
Here’s another unhappy Lib Dem.
3. My Increasing Unease with the Coalition, and what can be done about it: FAO @nick_clegg on Jennie Rigg’s blog.
Erm, and another.
4. Why I’m still uneasy with this coalition malarky on Dale Cox’s Liberal Endevour.
I think you get the picture by now.
5. How should Simon Hughes amend the Budget? by James Graham on the Social Liberal Forum.
An appeal for practical measures to make current and future budgets progressive.
6. Why are Labour targetting the Lib Dems? on Chris Wilson’s ChrisJW133 blog.
Should Labour turn more of their fire on the Tories than us?
7. Campaign in majoritarian, govern in coalition on Mark Thompson’s Mark Reckons.
To put it another way: fight for what you believe in, then fight for the best deal you can.
And now to the five blog-posts that come highly recommended, regardless of the number of Aggregator click-throughs they attracted. These are chosen using the LibDig bookmarking website for party members, the site where you can highlight blog-posts you want to share with your fellow Lib Dems. Remember, though, you’re still more than welcome to nominate for the Golden Dozen a Lib Dem blog article published in the past seven days – your own, or someone else’s – using the steam-powered method of e-mail … all you have to do is drop a line to .
8. And Labour’s cuts begin on Joe Otten’s Extra Bold.
“No, that’s not a typo – and do click through on the link Joe provides to a graph blogged by Ben Goldacre.” (Submitted by mark.pack via LibDig).
9. Ed Miliband: read my lips – no nuclear subsidies on James Graham’s Quaequam Blog!
“Mili-E can’t make his mind up on nuclear.” (Submitted by niles via LibDig).
10. Liberals and the VAT Question on Craig Murray’s blog.
Continuing to disagree with John Pardoe, 35 years on.
11. What if modern government is unaffordable? on David Boyle’s The Real Blog.
Thinking the unthinkable.
12. Nick Clegg at Lib Dem local government conference on Alex Folkes’ A Lanson Boy.
Photos and a write-up … what more could you ask for?
And that’s it for another week. Happy blogging ‘n’ reading.
<a href="http://www.libdemvoice.org/top-of-the-blogs-the-golden-dozen-175-20118.html"><img src="http://www.libdemvoice.org/images/golden-dozen.png" width="200" height="57" alt="Featured on Liberal Democrat Voice" title="Featured on Liberal Democrat Voice" /></a>