by Stephen Tall on March 8, 2010
The next general election, if it held as widely expected on 6th May, is less than two months away. In which case, there is less than eight weeks for the Lib Dems to work for every vote we can in order to put an end to Gordon Brown’s disastrous Labour Government, and make sure David Cameron cannot wreak havoc at the helm of the Tories.
No one can be sure what will happen, what the results might be. But one thing’s for certain. Labour and the Tories will have the advantage of being bank-rolled by the unions and big business and folk like Lord Ashcroft. There’s only one way to level the playing field, and that’s for all of us who want the Lib Dems to have the best chance possible to dip into our pockets and give what we can to the party.
That’s why Lib Dem Voice is running an election appeal to promote making a donation to the party. We have identified five Lib Dem candidates standing in five seats, all of them in real need of a helping hand. Any donation you can spare – £10, £100, £250, or any amount inbetween or higher – will make a difference.
To make a donation to the Lib Dem Voice election appeal fund to be shared equally between LDV’s five profiled candidates, please click here.
Here are the five we are asking you to help us get behind:
- Carol Woods – Lib Dem hopeful in Durham, aiming to defeat Labour. Carol needs a swing of just 4%. You can donate to Carol’s campaign here.
- Willie Rennie – Lib Dem by-election victor defending his Dunfermline seat against Labour. You can donate to Willie’s campaign here.
- Sal Brinton – Lib Dem hopeful in Watford, aiming to defeat Labour. Sal needs a swing of just 1.5%. You can donate to Sal’s campaign here.
- Lorely Burt – Lib Dem victor in Solihull in 2005, defending a wafer-thin 256 majority against the Tories. You can donate to Lorely’s campaign here.
- Stephen Lloyd – Lib Dem hopeful in Eastbourne, aiming to defeat troubled Tory MP Nigel Waterson. Stephen needs a swing of just 1.5%. You can donate to Stephen’s campaign here.
All five would make fantastic Lib Dem MPs – let’s give them the help they need to enable them to represent the party in Parliament. You have a choice as to how you make your donation:
You can ….
…. Donate to as many of the five as you wish, and each donation will go to boost their local funds in the coming election campaign.
>> Please use the links besides the individual candidates’ names, above, to make a donation to any of their campaigns.
Or you can ….
…. Donate to the Lib Dem Voice election fund which we will share equally between the five.
>> Please click here to make a donation right now.
Whatever your preference, do please consider making a donation TODAY: we are only weeks away from polling day in what will be a crucial election battle against both Labour and the Tories.
Here are some examples of what your gift could do to help the party get its message across:
- £10 will pay for a Focus newsletter for 500 houses
- £25 will buy 2,000 tabloid-style newspapers
- £50 pays for a dozen super-size election garden posters
- £100 will cover a Focus leaflet for a whole ward
- £250 will pay for 10,000 addressed letters to be delivered by volunteers
To make a donation to the Lib Dem Voice election appeal fund to be shared equally between the five profiled candidates, please click here.
To donate by cheque, please make your donation payable to ‘Liberal Democrats’ and mail to Liberal Democrats, 4 Cowley Street, London, SW1P 3NB. Please make clear that your donation is for the Lib Dem Voice election appeal. Please also make clear if your donation is to be allocated specifically to one of the five featured candidates, otherwise it will be shared equally between all of them.