by Stephen Tall on January 8, 2010
What could be simpler: five categories, each with five links. And it’s Friday.
5 most-read stories on LDV this week
1. The Independent View: Wootton Bassett demonstrations: another Muslim point of view (12) by Shaaz Mahboob
2. General election prediction: new figures out (9) by Mark Pack
3. Can you come up with a punchy Lib Dem slogan? (56) by Stephen Tall
4. 20,000 road signs in kilometers – an evil EU plot? (34) by Iain Roberts
5. Ten predictions for the general election televised party leader debates (7) by Mark Pack
5 active LDV Members’ Forum threads
5 biggest groups on ACT
5 top non-Lib Dem LibDig postings to look at
1. Tories’ promises on NHS vanish from manifesto – Times Online
“Tell me you’re surprised…” – submitted by mpntod.
2. The idiotic debate over marriage tax breaks | FT.com
‘Brilliant demolition of Conservative plans for marriage tax breaks’ – submitted by mpntod.
3. 1023 Homeopathy: There’s nothing in it.
“New campaign site focussing on homeopathy.” – submitted by scmjerram.
4. Britain doesn’t need a dose of shock therapy -Times Online
‘Eminently sensible article by Bill Emmott.’ – submitted by mpntod.
5. The morning after the night before | Hopi Sen
‘Excellent piece of analysis of the latest attempted Labour coup’ – submitted by markpack.
5 recent Lib Dem tweets
>> nickjbarlow Answer to ‘Could you think of someone wrose than Roger Alton to edit The Independent?’ discovered: http://bit.ly/7wYgWm (via @MarkReckons)
>> timprater When will Folkestone & Hythe General Election result be counted? [Hint – dunno yet] http://tinyurl.com/ylztc7e
>> helenduffett It’s THAT poster again» RT @TelegraphBlogs: Splat! Nick Griffin is paint-balled in east London. http://bit.ly/7skS88
>> DuncanStott Legal gay marriage, drug decriminalisation… Portugal is becoming a pretty awesome country http://is.gd/5UEVd
>> philipfh RT @binny_uk: RT @sfj1642: Labour: Masters of “Let’s create a new problem & then try to think of intrusive & draconian ways to prevent it.”
That’s yer lot, folks, from this latest bite of the LDV Friday Five (ish). Let the weekend commence in 5-4-3-2-1 …