by Stephen Tall on December 4, 2009
What could be simpler: five categories, each with five links. And it’s Friday.
5 most-read stories on LDV this week
1. Spelman drops Conservative pledges to abolish RDAs (6) by Mark Pack
2. Probably the most inappropriate Christmas card ever sent … (1) by Stephen Tall
3. Liberal Democrat victory in St Austell Bay by-election (8) by Helen Duffett
4. Prime Minister removes all Christmas imagery from official Christmas cards (11) by Mark Pack
5. Zac Goldsmith’s non-dom tax status: your LDV reader (15) by Stephen Tall
5 active LDV Members’ Forum threads
5 most active groups on ACT
5 top non-Lib Dem LibDig postings to look at
1. Tory Zac Goldsmith admits he is a non-dom – Times Online
“Wonder when Ashcroft will come clean?” – submitted by mpntod.
2. Freedom of Information Requests: Useful standard paragraphs | The Wardman Wire
“First class. Extremely useful.” – submitted by mpntod.
3. Liberal Conspiracy » Does taxing the rich work?
“Excellent short and clear introduction to a controversial area, complete with useful evidence” – submitted by markpack.
4. Beyond Borders: the future of bookselling (Rachel Cooke | Observer)
“Does the demise of Borders (which I’ll miss if it goes – at least they understood customer-friendly hours of opening) signal the end of high street booksellers?” – submitted by stephenftall.
5. Krugman joins chorus for Tobin tax | Left Foot Forward
“‘Nobel prize winning economist Paul Krugman has added his name to the list of Tobin tax advocates.’” – submitted by mmarkpack.
5 recent Lib Dem tweets
>> jamesgraham With Tiger Woods not appearing on the front page of the Guardian today, I feel like we’ve come to the end of an era.
>> nickjbarlow Just how wrong is it that Virgin Media has a channel that’s showing Christmas films 24 hours a day?
>> lfeatherstone Protesting againts threats to the Whittington A&E http://flic.kr/p/7ko6rH
>> willhowells Stumbled across Murder, She Wrote again. This scene has a wonderfully over-written minor character trying to steal the whole episode.
>> NeilStockley Ed Miliband doesn’t seem to embody his narrative. http://bit.ly/74TDha but must politicians be 100% paragons of virtue on their big issues?
That’s yer lot, folks, from this latest bite of the LDV Friday Five (ish). Let the weekend commence in 5-4-3-2-1 …