by Stephen Tall on October 30, 2009
What could be simpler: five categories, each with five links. And it’s Friday.
5 most-read stories on LDV this week
1. Mark Littlewood resigns Lib Dem membership for IEA Director job (175) by Richard Huzzey
2. Opinion: A Liberal Line on Immigration (61) by Patrick Murray
3. What did you make of Chris Huhne’s Question Time performance? #bbcqt (30) by Stephen Tall
4. Watford’s liberal Lib Dem Mayor – what Iain Dale didn’t report (31) by Stephen Tall
5. Nick Griffin’s verdict on Chris Huhne (8) by Stephen Tall
5 recent Lib Dem tweets
>> stephenpglenn RT @chickyog: BREAKING NEWS: Alan Johnson to have Galileo exhumed so he can sack him because his scientific advice does not reflect policy.
>> markpack Paul Waugh | Cameron to ditch Lisbon referendum http://bit.ly/3xCINa
>> NeilStockley Environment/sustainability/#climate change in my home country under the Nats. The shape of things to come in the UK? http://twurl.nl/3ldtul
>> jamesgraham RT @LabourList: For Labour people, Tony Blair as president is a no-brainer http://twurl.nl/gf15ug @ShamikDas < ironic choice of words
>> rfenwick Going corporate with my Twitter profile pic. Photographer could’ve told me my tie wasn’t straight! Wondering if it’s time to go clean shaven
5 top non-Lib Dem LibDig postings to look at
1. Help! Can anyone find a Tory blogger who believes climate change a real threat? (NextLeft)
“Next Left’s Sunder Katwala runs down the list of top 10 Tory blogs, and finds none of them believes in the severity of global warming as a top political issue.” – submitted by stephenftall.
2. The enemies of reason: Hmm… remember this?
“Brilliant expose of media double-standards” – submitted by markpack.
3. The Tory war on the FT (Hopi Sen)
“An excellent anti-fisking, pointing out all the holes in a pro-Tory “fisk” of an FT report” – submitted by markpack.
4. The Kaminski questions Cameron didn’t answer (Liberal Conspiracy)
“Sunder Katwala examines the four chief allegations against the Tories’ new Euro leader Michal Kaminski – and finds big discrepancies between his story and the verified facts.” – submitted by stephenftall
5. The wrong Morrissey: why the world needs picture editors
“When you’ve seen one, you’ve seen ‘em all …” – submitted by stephenftall
5 active LDV Members’ Forum threads
Real Centre-Left Policies – What People Are Crying Out For
Elizabeth Truss – formerly LDYS?
Postal Voting – facts (beginning with Norwich North)
PPCs for the next General Election
What should we do about prostitution?
5 top reader search returns to get to LDV
(excluding Liberal Democrat Voice or its variants)
1. nick griffin
2. site:www.libdemvoice.org “code of conduct” “federal executive” rennard may
3. dave hodgson
4. patrick murray lib dem
5. mark littlewood
That’s yer lot, folks, from this latest bite of the LDV Friday Five (ish). Let the weekend commence in 5-4-3-2-1 …