by Stephen Tall on October 16, 2009
What could be simpler: five categories, each with five links. And it’s Friday.
5 most-read stories on LDV this week
1. Opinion: A Cooperative Coalition (111) by Sara Scarlett
2. Lib Dem MPs: what the Legg letters said (10) by Stephen Tall
3. Heath and Burstow table urgent Commons questions about Guardian injunction #Trafigura #CarterRuck (6) by Stephen Tall
4. Tom Watson writes … on the Royal Mail and postcodes (15) by Tom Watson
5. Opinion: Muslims won’t play with the gays! (21) by Andrew Reeves
5 recent Lib Dem tweets
>> rachelolgeirsso RT @Wossy: RT @LaScrumbles: Charlie Brooker’s GUARDIAN piece re Jan Moir. Pass it on! http://bit.ly/1UJjef Excellent! Great work Charlie.
>> willhowells “Bedford Elects it’s Mayor” http://bit.ly/4Cx13l #apostrophehorror
>> nick_clegg On the train to Bedford to see Mayor Dave Hodgson! My video of congratulations: http://bit.ly/2wGJun
>> jamesgraham Reading lots of “WE WON!” tweets and getting confused. Jan Moir is the new Mayor of Bedford? WTF?!
>> nickjbarlow RT @sarabedford It’S so sad when MPs get bitter and twisted … http://tinyurl.com/yhc4nxf (Dorries a sore loser? Never expected that!)
5 top non-Lib Dem LibDig postings to look at
1. The Simple Solution to the Obesity Problem: Stop Hating (Slate.com): “Slate’s Daniel Engber explains why a lot of the supposed health effects of being fat may actually be caused by fatphobia. Also links to a study supporting this view.” – submitted by lizw.
2. Silvio Berlusconi: I am inferior to no one in history (Guardian): “Satire is dead: “I have been subjected to more than 2,500 court hearings and I have the good luck – having worked well in the past and having accumulated an important wealth – to have been able to spend more than €200m in consultants and judges … I mean in consultants and lawyers.” – submitted by stephenftall.
3. Why there was nothing ‘human’ about Jan Moir’s column on the death of Gately (Guardian): “Jan Moir receives a brutal fisking, in flagrante, from Charlie Brooker. It isn’t being ghoulish to speculate that this sort of lifestyle choice may lead to a sticky end.” – submitted by james.graham.
4. Erm, that’s it this week, folks.
5 active LDV Members’ Forum threads
5 top reader search returns to get to LDV
(excluding Liberal Democrat Voice or its variants)
1. dave hodgson
2. lib dems
3. “accused of impropriety” site:libdemvoice.org
5. bedford mayor election
That’s yer lot, folks, from this second bite of the LDV Friday Five (ish). Let the weekend commence in 5-4-3-2-1 …