by Stephen Tall on July 25, 2009
When Iain Dale asked if Lib Dem Voice would this year co-sponsor Total Politics’ Best Blog Poll 2009, he also set me some homework: to write c.1,000 words on ‘the State of the LibDem blogosphere’ by the end of the month? As you will see from the date, my deadline is fast approaching.
I’ve got a few ideas of what I intend to write, but I’d greatly appreciate the insistence of Lib Dem Voice readers – as well as Lib Dem bloggers – to ensure my analysis is suitably rounded and informed. I’ve come up with five questions I want to (try and) answer in my article:
- What are the greatest successes of the Lib Dem blogosphere?
- What are we, collectively as bloggers, failing to achieve?
- How does the Lib Dem blogosphere compare with those of the Labour, Tories and other parties’?
- How helpful is blogging as a campaigning tool (are there examples of it making a real impact)?
- What do you think the next year holds in store for the Lib Dem blogosphere?
How would you answer them? If you have a blog, please feel free to address them there, and leave a link to your article in the comments thread. If you don’t have a blog, please feel free to address them directly in the comments thread.