by Stephen Tall on July 4, 2009
Welcome to the 123rd of our weekly round-ups from the Lib Dem blogosphere, featuring the seven most popular stories according to click-throughs from the Aggregator (21st-27th June 2009), together with a hand-picked quintet, mostly courtesy of LibDig, you might otherwise have missed.
As ever, let’s start with the most popular post, and work our way down.
1. Iain Dale calls Lib Dem candidate a “whore” on James Graham’s Quaequam Blog!
Iain indulges himself in some tribal and sexist knocking-copy.
2. Norwich North and Iain Dale and the rights and wrongs of candidates on Nich Starling’s Norfolk Blogger blog.
Nich’s take on the Lib Dems’ selection, with the conclusion, “From Norwich North’s point of view, it is probably the case that April was the best candidate they could choose from.”
3. Goodbye to the Lib Dems and LD Blogs on Barrie Wood’s Progressive Politics blog.
Always a shame to say farewell. Good luck to Barrie in his new political life.
4. Tory MP beaten up by Constituents on Irfan Ahmed’s blog.
Hmmm, is the kindest thing I can find to say about this.
5. Honestly, Irfan. on Ruaraidh’s My Very Infrequently Updated Lib Dem Blog.
Puts it delicately.
6. Iain Dale should apologise to April Pond on Jonathan Calder’s Liberal England blog.
Candid advice from Lord Bonker’s alter ego: ‘… even if Iain thinks that April should not fight the seat, what possible justification is there for describing her as “whoring herself across Norfolk”? It is rude and sexist. Iain should withdraw it and apologise.’
7. The New Labour disaster in 4 minutes on Liberal Vision’s blog.
Well worth watching.
And now to the five blog-posts that come highly recommended regardless of the number of Aggregator click-throughs they attracted. As is now traditional we’re using the LibDig widget to select some of the posts from the seven days in question which you’ve most ‘dug’. But, remember, if you want to highlight a Lib Dem blog article published in the past seven days – your own, or someone else’s – using the steam-powered method of e-mail all you have to do is drop me a line at firstname.lastname@example.org (providing the web-link and author, and any tagline comment you care to have published).
8. We want democracy, and we want it for free on ‘Costigan Quist’s’ Himmelgarten Cafe blog.
“Right on the button – Mr Quist tells us that there’s no such thing as free high quality politics.” (Submitted by caron via LibDig).
9. Are You Speaking To Me? on Alex Wilcock’s Love and Liberty blog.
As in-depth an analysis of the Speaker election as you could wish to read.
10. Stopped and Searched on Jock Coat’s blog.
“Well, what an unpleasant surprise I had last night.” Taxpayers’ money well-spent that night.
11. Crucifixes, flags and hot-crossed buns! on John’s Liberal Revolution blog.
‘Yesterday while canvassing I had an interesting conversation with someone who I’d describe as a ‘soft BNP’ voter.’
12. Despotic Wives by Julian Harris on Liberal Vision’s blog.
Nadime Dorries channels Joe McCarthy.
That’s it for another week. Happy blogging.