by Stephen Tall on June 4, 2009
On Tuesday we published our Lib Dem Voice competition to predict the results of the local and European elections taking place today, 4th June, and win a copy of LDV’s own annual, The Tangerine Book, and a limited edition LDV mug. The thread is here, and, to date, we’ve received 14 entries from LDV readers (who may or may not be Lib Dem members).
Here’s the average of what you’ve so far predicted:
1. Predict the Liberal Democrat share of the vote in the European elections. YOU SAID: 16.5%
2. Predict the turnout in the European elections. YOU SAID: 35%
3. Predict the Liberal Democrat lead over Labour in the local elections. YOU SAID: +3.3%
4. Predict how many local authorities the Liberal Democrats will have majority control of on 5th June. YOU SAID: 1 (currently 2)
5. Predict the net loss/gain of Lib Dem councillors. YOU SAID: -1 seat (for avoidance of doubt, by the way, we’ll take the BBC figure for the competition).
If you’ve not yet made your predictions, there’s still chance: entries posted before close of polls at 10.00 pm will be valid.