by Stephen Tall on May 9, 2009
You know, once you fall behind it’s very hard to catch up… so welcome to the still-belated 115th of our weekly round-ups from the Lib Dem blogosphere, featuring the seven most popular stories according to click-throughs from the Aggregator (26th April – 2 May 2009), together with a hand-picked quintet, mostly courtesy of LibDig, you might otherwise have missed.
As ever, let’s start with the most popular post, and work our way down.
1. Will Lib Dem MPs be shamed in July’s receipts apocalypse? by Richard Huzzey on Lib Dem Voice.
Let’s see what the next few days’ Telegraphs bring…
2. A by election won on Steve Guy’s The Sandals Are Off blog.
Triumph in Totteridge.
3. What does Labour’s internal election briefing say? by Mark Pack on Lib Dem Voice.
Labour looks forward to 4th June.
4. Eastleigh Labour PPC defects to Liberal Democrats by Helen Duffett on Lib Dem Voice.
a warm welcome to Daniel Clarke, Chris Huhne’s foe-turned-ally.
5. Lib Dem PPC defects to Tories by Richard Huzzey on Lib Dem Voice.
Oh well, one in, one out.
6. Bad Night for the Conservatives on Tim Ball’s blog.
Two Lib Dem gains, two Tory losses in the latest local council by-elections .
7. Should Lib Dems want Labour defectors to join us? by Richard Huzzey on Lib Dem Voice.
Can the Lib Dems be the natural home of liberals everywhere?
And now to the five blog-posts that come highly recommended regardless of the number of Aggregator click-throughs they attracted. As is now traditional we’re using the LibDig widget to select some of the posts from the seven days in question which you’ve most ‘dug’. But, remember, if you want to highlight a Lib Dem blog article published in the past seven days – your own, or someone else’s – using the steam-powered method of e-mail all you have to do is drop me a line at email@example.com (providing the web-link and author, and any tagline comment you care to have published).
8. For the sake of the MP’s children on Sara Bedford’s Always win when you’re singing blog.
‘The tale of the second homes allowance in Watford.’ (Submitted by sgaszczak via LibDig).
9. Questions for Labour MPs thinking of defecting on Costigan Quist’s Himmelgarten Cafe blog.
Four to ponder including my favourite, “How have you acted to give ordinary people, including those who disagree with you politically, more control over their own lives and communities?”
10. Attracting Labour Supporters = Doing Something Wrong on Charlotte Gore’s blog,
Ahh, Charlotte, sitting on the fence as ever: “another intake of authoritarian collectivists is the last thing this party needs.”
11. Nick Clegg – Our hero!!! on Linda Jack’s Lindyloo’s Muze blog.
Cometh the hour, cometh the man: “… the nation is beginning to see what our man is made of, what many of us have always known – that we have a leader who will fight for what he believes in – popular or not.”
12. Far, far away, on a planet where Liberals usually win on Mark Valladares’ Liberal Bureaucracy blog.
That’s Canada, by the way; not to be confused with Upper Gipping.
That’s it for another week. Happy blogging.