by Stephen Tall on March 25, 2009
Welcome to the 109th of our weekly round-ups from the Lib Dem blogosphere, featuring the seven most popular stories according to click-throughs from the Aggregator (15th-21st March 2009), together with a hand-picked quintet, mostly courtesy of LibDig, you might otherwise have missed.
As ever, let’s start with the most popular post, and work our way down.
1. How many BNP ‘liars, buggers and thieves’ are there? on John’s Liberal Revolution blog.
Shades of Cher here (or is that just me?).
2. 150 Lib Dem MPs……OK Guys – What’s the Strategy? on Linda Jack’s Lindyloo’s Muse blog.
3. Marvellous Ford wins Thatcham South by-election for LibDems on Paul Walter’s Liberal Burblings blog.
I think it should be compulsory for all our candidates to have such delightfully adjectival forenames.
4. Liberal Democrats in EastEnders on Jonathan Calder’s Liberal England.
Lord Bonker’s amanuensis imagines setting up his soap-box in Albert Square.
5. First an apology then a retraction…. on Darrell Goodliffe’s Moments of Clarity blog.
Yes, the Liberal Youth election saga rumbles on… (see 7., below).
6. Learn the lessons from WWII or watch the Lib Dems wither on ‘Costigan Quist’s Himmelgarten Cafe blog.
How do we stop a repeat of the Labour/Tory conspiracy to centalise all powers in Whitehall?
7. Has Sara Scarlett resigned? on Irfan Ahmed’s blog.
… and on (see 5., above).
And now to the five blog-posts that come highly recommended regardless of the number of Aggregator click-throughs they attracted. As is now traditional we’re using the LibDig widget to select some of the posts from the seven days in question which you’ve most ‘dug’. But, remember, if you want to highlight a Lib Dem blog article published in the past seven days – your own, or someone else’s – using the steam-powered method of e-mail all you have to do is drop me a line at email@example.com (providing the web-link and author, and any tagline comment you care to have published).
8. The Lib Dems don’t need a blogging strategy. They need a Lembit strategy on James Graham’s Qaequam Blog!
“Some good points from James and some good comments as well.” (Submitted by mpntod via LibDig).
9. Six reasons why Labour Britain is doomed on Alix Mortimer’s The People’s Republic of Mortimer blog.
“A very funny attack on some video about up and coming Labour rising stars.” (Submitted by Jeremy Hargreaves via LibDig).
10. A rant at Andreas Whittam-Smith on Paul Walter’s Liberal Burblings.
“Paul Walter tries his hand at a bit of fisking.” (Submitted by James Graham via LibDig).
11. Maggots and miracle cures on ‘Costigan Quist’s’ Himmelgarten Cafe blog.
“About how the press can wish science more interesting than it is.” (Submitted by scmjerram via LibDig).
12. The Pope, because Rubber Shaped like a Willy is Sinful on Northamptonshire Liberal Youth’s blog.
“The Pope, continuing God’s holy work of worrying over where everyone’s willy is at any given time, has again reminded us that putting a plastic sheath around the penis is immoral, but Holocaust Denial is cool.” (Submitted by bumcheekcity via LibDig).
That’s it for another week. Happy blogging.