by Stephen Tall on March 15, 2009
Welcome to the 108th of our weekly round-ups from the Lib Dem blogosphere, featuring the seven most popular stories according to click-throughs from the Aggregator (8th-14th March 2009), together with a hand-picked quintet, mostly courtesy of LibDig, you might otherwise have missed.
As ever, let’s start with the most popular post, and work our way down.
1. Quite simply, the best headline in a Labour leaflet – ever on Lib Dem Voice.
There’s no answer to that headline.
2. Emily Thornberry’s acid drops on John’s Liberal Revolution blog.
Actually, I think her acid is rising.
3. BNP in agony after Carlisle Castle election on John’s Liberal Revolution blog.
They don’t like it up ’em.
4. 11% swing from Labour in Rainhill by-election on, erm, John’s Liberal Revolution blog again.
Sadly, though, Lib Dem candidate Denise Aspinall was the runner-up despite a strong performance.
5. Why Mark Pack’s awaiting a visit from Special Branch on Lib Dem Voice.
But to be honest there could be so many reasons… couldn’t there?
6. Why Not to Vote Elaine Bagshaw for Liberal Youth on Irfan Ahmed’s blog.
The passion and the intrigue of the Liberal Youth elections.
7. Conference: media coverage on Lib Dem Voice.
Alix brings us the post-Harrogate analysis.
And now to the five blog-posts that come highly recommended regardless of the number of Aggregator click-throughs they attracted. As is now traditional we’re using the LibDig widget to select some of the posts from the seven days in question which you’ve most ‘dug’. But, remember, if you want to highlight a Lib Dem blog article published in the past seven days – your own, or someone else’s – using the steam-powered method of e-mail all you have to do is drop me a line at email@example.com (providing the web-link and author, and any tagline comment you care to have published).
8. An Obama organizer’s beer-fuelled rant to Lib Dem activists by Karin Robinson on Lib Dem Voice.
“Great post from a non-LibDem visiting our conference.” (Submitted by willhowells via LibDig).
9. David Cameron’s Homophobic New Friends on Andy Hinton’s Wouldn’t it be scarier? blog.
“Judge them by the company they keep.” (Submitted by niles via LibDig).
10. Ways to Save the Planet on Joe Otten’s Extra Bold blog.
“Family Bold fix the planet.” (Submitted by niles via LibDig).
11. How dominant is the blokeosphere? on James Graham’s Quaequam Blog!
‘You can make a systemic shift – and the Lib Dem blogosphere proves it.’ (Submitted by Alix via LibDig).
12. What’s with da Yoof? on Alix Mortimer’s The People’s Republic of Mortimer blog.
“An attack on Liberal Youth: they should focus less on ties, and more on the web. Not sure I completely agree, but as always, Alix is a delight to read.” (Submitted by Jeremy Hargreaves via LibDig).
That’s it for another week. Happy blogging.