Total Politics list of top 50 Lib Dem blogs published

by Stephen Tall on August 28, 2008

You can see the full list over at Iain Dale’s blog, but here’s the top 10:

1. Liberal Democrat Voice
2. People’s Republic of Mortimer (Alix Mortimer)
3. Norfolk Blogger (Nich Starling)
4. Quaequam Blog! (James Graham)
5. Liberal England (Jonathan Calder)
6. Lynne Featherstone MP
7. Millennium Dome, Elephant
8. Peter Black AM
9. Love & Liberty (Alex Wilcock)
10. Liberal Burblings (Paul Walter)

Thanks to those who voted for LDV, and congratulations to all the blogs who made the list. And for those who didn’t, remember: it’s just a list.

Now all we need is a list of the top 50 lists! 😉

by Rob Knight on August 28, 2008 at 2:16 pm. Reply #

It is not just a list. It is telling commentary on how crap my blog has been this year…

by Duncan Borrowman on August 28, 2008 at 3:13 pm. Reply #

Duncan – whilst I don’t agree entirely with all your thinking, and thus don’t want to seem unduly sycophantic, I think your blog’s scrutiny of Bexley & Sidcup’s kleptocratic fiend of a Tory MP is worth a place in the top 10 (let alone top 50) in itself.

by Julian H on August 28, 2008 at 4:17 pm. Reply #

Didn’t even make it into the top 20. I know where you all live and I’m coming to get you.

by Gavin Whenman on August 28, 2008 at 4:47 pm. Reply #

Gavin – why didn’t you just stitch it up?

by James Graham on August 28, 2008 at 4:54 pm. Reply #

You say that now!

by Gavin Whenman on August 28, 2008 at 5:34 pm. Reply #

Congratulations to this site, & to Mortimer (who is my favourite blogger of all time) for scoring so highly. Also, I hope Steph Ashely will come into her own as she builds up a strong blog and gets readers.

I am disappointed to see Cicero’s Songs not in the top 10, & I must admit to not liking Norfolk Blogger or Liberal England much, but I don’t suppose they’ll be shedding any tears over that.

Personally I prefer less directly partisan blogs such as Stumbling and Mumbling, but still. Right, off to find some green blogs to look at 😀

by asquith on August 28, 2008 at 5:44 pm. Reply #

Just to clarify, that last year a panel of half a dozen LibDem bloggers ranked the blogs. This year they were all voted for by blog readers – 1,142 of them.

by Iain Dale on August 28, 2008 at 6:10 pm. Reply #

I’m running my own poll, taking this list as a shortlist (excluding myself of course).

Click Here to take survey

by James Graham on August 29, 2008 at 12:30 am. Reply #

I responded, James Graham. I left blank the blogs I’m not so familiar with. You’ll probably be able to guess which respondent is me 🙂

by asquith on August 29, 2008 at 7:53 am. Reply #

That’s odd – Lib Dems give me an award for my blog, but it doesn’t feature in the list.

But I’m not bitter…:-)