by Stephen Tall on July 23, 2008
Welcome to the 74th of our weekly round-ups from the Lib Dem blogosphere, featuring the seven most popular stories according to click-throughs from the Aggregator (13-19th July), together with a hand-picked quintet you might otherwise have missed.
Let’s get straight down to it, in traditional descending order:
1. Forthcoming Excitement From the FPC on Alex Wilcock’s Love and Liberty blog.
Drooling over Make it Happen: “probably the most readable thing the FPC has ever produced”.
2. An odd sequence of events on Peter Black AM’s blog.
Sometimes a cigar isn’t just a cigar.
3. Watching the polls: Nick Clegg after six months on Neil Stockley’s blog.
“… as with previous new Lib Dem leaders at this stage of their tenures, building his public profile remains Nick Clegg’s most immediate challenge.”
4. What Are We Making of ‘Make It Happen’? on Julian H’s Orange By Name blog.
Praise for the party from Lib Dem bloggers – it sometimes happens, y’know.
6. It is actually Lembit’s fault that his private life gets more coverage than his spokesman role on Paul Walter’s Liberal Burblings blog.
I stick by my view: Lembit may be his own worst enemy, but that doesn’t acquit the serious news media of obsessing about trivia.
7. Has Lem’s ‘bit’ made a cheeky exit? on Femme de Resistance’s Forceful and Moderate blog.
Not that the Lib dem blogosphere would ever obsess about trivia, obvs.
And now to the five slots we reserve under the category ‘well worth reading even if they didn’t get the most clicks this week’. Remember, if you do want to highlight a Lib Dem blog article published in the past seven days – your own, or someone else’s – all you have to do is drop me a line at firstname.lastname@example.org (providing the web-link and author, and any tagline comment you care to have published).
8. Bones Commission: take a deep breath and count to ten on Mark Valladeres’ Liberal Bureaucracy blog.
Dem Bones, dem Bones…
9. Being posh and being educated are two different things on Jonathan Calder’s Liberal England blog.
Revealing Labour MP Martin Salter’s inferiority complex.
10. Reflections on the Revolution in the Liberal Democrats on Martin Land’s New Model Army blog.
Loves that Make it Happen does what it says on the tin. Not so fond of the tin’s design, mind.
11. A Topsy Turvy World – Cameron or Clegg on tax? on Linda Jack’s Lindyloo’s Muze blog.
A little less keen on Make it Happen: “Presumably this was rushed out in response to David Cameron’s “we may have to put taxes up” comment. Has the world gone completely mad?????!”
12. Iain Dale’s past comes to light on Lib Dem Voice.
What was it Groucho Marx said again?
And that’s it for another week… happy blogging.