by Stephen Tall on June 18, 2008
Welcome to the 69th – no jokes, please – of our weekly round-ups from the Lib Dem blogosphere, featuring the seven most popular stories according to click-throughs from the Aggregator (8th-15th June), together with a hand-picked quintet you might otherwise have missed.
Let’s get straight down to it – ooh-er, obviously – in descending order of popularity:
1. Two employees resign – how will the Lib Dems cope? on Jo Anglezarke’s Jo’s Jottings blog.
We will survive.
2. The jury is out on Davis (and Clegg) on Peter Black AM’s blog.
Yes, I know: surprising to see the David Davis story so high up the Golden Dozen.
3. Davis: A prima donna act & a pointless by-election on Paul Walter’s Liberal Burblings blog.
I do hate it when Paul sits on the fence.
4. News from the frontline of Haltemprice & Howden Liberal Democrats on Stewart Arnold’s The Yorkshire Guidon.
The secret of a good fundraising dinner: it’s all about timing.
5. BREAKING NEWS: Is Kelvin getting cold feet? on Paul Walter’s Liberal Burblings blog.
6. David Davis quits as MP to force 42 days by-election on Lib Dem Voice.
The story which ruined my afternoon’s work productivity.
7. NEW POLL: should the Lib Dems stand in Haltemprice & Howden? on Lib Dem Voice.
It’s still open… Vote late, vote often.
And now time
to change ends to the five slots we reserve under the category ‘well worth reading even if they didn’t get the most clicks this week’. Remember, if you do want to highlight a Lib Dem blog article published in the past seven days – your own, or someone else’s – all you have to do is drop me a line at email@example.com (providing the web-link and author, and any tagline comment you care to have published).
8. Menzies Campbell’s Speech to Parliament in “42 Days” Debate on Ming Campbell MP’s blog.
One of two stand-out speeches on 42 days; the other was made by Labour’s Diane Abbott, and you can read it here.
9. Should the Lib Dems love bomb David Cameron? on Jonathan Calder’s Liberal England blog.
Cheer Cameron, vote Liberal.
10. Davis resignation – its not only the Tories who could split on Meral Ece’s Meral’s Musings blog.
Finding unity in liberalism (it occasionally happens).
11. Shock horror! Caroline Spelman could be innocent on Anders Hanson’s blog.
12. 42 days: what do Conservatives really think? on Lib Dem Voice.
The article which first noted the splits in the Tory leadership, and speculated on a post-David Davis Tory shadow cabinet.
And that’s it for another week… happy blogging and Henley campaigning.