by Stephen Tall on January 13, 2008
Welcome to the 47th of our weekly round-ups from the Lib Dem blogosphere, featuring the seven most popular stories according to click-throughs from the Aggregator (6th-12th January, 2008), together with a hand-picked quintet you might otherwise have missed.
Here are the best-read posts this last week, in descending order:
1. Nick Clegg: Its beat up an activist day! on James Graham’s Quaequam Blog!
Was Team Clegg spinning his public services speech as the Lib Dems’ Clause IV? Or was the Grauniad spinning in the hope of getting a rise from some activists? You decide.
2. The Lib Dem B Team on James Graham’s Quaequam Blog!
The full Lib Dem shadow cabinet is unveiled, and it looks like (almost) everyone has prizes.
3. Nick Clegg changes his position on Jonathan Calder’s Liberal England blog.
By moving closer to the centre of the Parliamentary party, and ‘doughnutting’ with Chris Huhne and Vince Cable – which is just fine between consenting Lib Dems.
4. Cleggs first PMQs on Lib Dem Voice.
And didn’t he do well.
5. Clegg signs top management guru for Party Reform Commission on Lib Dem Voice.
Bones and Sharkey: not a hustling firm of undertakers, but our new guys for party reform and strategic communications.
6. Is Hannah Gardiner leaving Cowley Street? on Jo Anglezarke’s Jo’s Jottings blog.
No idea, I’m afraid.
7. How will the Lib Dems do in the South West at the next election? on Jonathan Calder’s Liberal England blog.
Linking to Sean Fear’s analysis over at PoliticalBetting.com.
And here’s another five postings well worth wrapping your brain cells around if you haven’t already:
8. Nasty Nice Tories Latest: Back to the Workhouse on Alex Wilcock’s Love and Liberty blog.
“… the Conservatives just can’t help their
nasty ever so nice instinct to give these low-life-chance, low-life-expectancy people an extra kicking.” It’s their own fault, after all.
9. In which I cling to Nick Cleggs ankles and weep for justice on Alix Mortimer’s The Republic of Mortimer blog.
If you’re not on the British Gas database, no one can hear you scream.
10. Up the poll? on Neil Stockley’s blog.
Neil looks at the most recent polls, and sets his bar for the new leader to clear.
11. Boris, Brian and Ken Go Head to Head on Jonathan Fryer’s blog.
The media would so love this to be a Boris-Ken head-to-head. Something tells me Brian’s going to start changing their minds.
12. What sort of people do we want to be our candidates? on Jo Christie-Smith’s blog.
What criteria make for a good Lib Dem candidate: not just Focus foot-slog, says Jo.
And that’s it for another week… Happy blogging.