by Stephen Tall on October 14, 2007
Welcome to the 34th of our weekly round-ups from the Lib Dem blogosphere, featuring the seven most popular stories according to click-throughs from the Aggregator (7th-13th October), together with a hand-picked quintet you might otherwise have missed.
And no prizes for guessing which story has been to the fore this past few days. So, here we go, in descending order of popularity:
1. EXCLUSIVE PICTURE – Iain Dale welcomed in to the Lib Dems by Lib Dem Blogger on Nich Starling’s Norfolk Blogger blog.
A heart-warming tale of glasnost breaking out in the Fens.
2. Stephen Tall: “Deluded to the point of mental incapacity” on Jonathan Calder’s Liberal England blog.
Well, I’ve been called worse.
3. Leadership: it isn’t just the responsibility of the leader on Mark Valladares’ Liberal Bureaucracy blog.
“In a crisis, whether real or imagined, kudos goes to the person who makes a decision, justifies it and sticks with it…”
4. This won’t be quoted in the Independent on Paul Walter’s Liberal Burblings blog.
No. But this might.
5. Idle chatter from an occasional dissident on Nich Starling’s Norfolk Blogger blog.
“There is a problem, there is a boil, but nobody has the guts to lance it for fear of the pain.”. Eeew.
6. And for all those predicting a Lib Dem wipeout – Read the facts (and weep) on Nich Starling’s Norfolk Blogger blog.
Highlighting this article on LDV putting the party’s poll ratings in some historical context.
7. Lib Dem MP: “We have to think about where we want to be in 18 months’ time” by Stephen Tall on Lib Dem Voice.
68 comments and counting – some of which you may already have read in the Torygraph and Grauniad.
And here are another five stories which caught my eye during the week:
8. Robo-intimidation on Don Liberali’s Liberal Mafia blog.
“This is a recorded message from the Labouristi. If you love Don Brown press one. If you think Don Cameron is hopeless press two. If you think Don Campbell is too old press three.”
9. Barbie boy calls for tax cuts for married couples on James Graham’s Quaequam Blog! blog.
Railing against Labour’s panicked success in “transform[ing] Gideon Osborne’s reputation from whining top hatted toff who is totally out of his depth to a Svengali-figure who sets the entire political agenda of the UK. It’s utter madness.”
10. Hell hath no t-shirt on Alex Mortimer’s The People’s Republic of Mortimer blog.
Political incorrectness gone mad – ‘Lib Dem Blogger’ garments available only in men’s range.
11. Good work Lembit on Joe Taylor’s On Liberty, Online blog.
Deserved praise for Lembit for taking on those MPs who feel it is their right to queue-jump.
12. Revolutionary Liberalism: 1 – Leadership on Jock Coats’ blog.
Okay, so let’s end with a post about leadership – how the Lib Dems might genuinely construct a shadow cabinet of all the talents.
That’s it for this week, folks. Perhaps the next week will prove just as uneventful? Happy blogging.
* Stephen Tall blogs at A Liberal Goes A Long Way.