Polls are closed – only a few hours of waiting left…

by Stephen Tall on July 19, 2007

And I’ve absolutely no idea what the night will bring. Feel free to make your guesses below…

I presume the by-election results will now be completely overshadowed by the apparent news of no prosecutions in ‘cash for peerages’, which was leaked to the media about five minutes before polls closed by the look of things (connected / unconnected, who can say?)

by Rob Fenwick on July 19, 2007 at 10:14 pm. Reply #

Interesting point Rob.
And following on from that – WHERE is any BBC by-election coverage for GB’s first electoral test in England??????????? F**kin scandalous

by |N|B|W| on July 19, 2007 at 10:16 pm. Reply #

NBW – they can’t report while the polls are open, their special prog is scheduled to start at 11pm. Sky’s special coverage scheduled for 0100.

by Rob Fenwick on July 19, 2007 at 10:19 pm. Reply #

I have to say though, Adam Boulton is doing very well in the coverage of this story – Nick Robinson announced his scoop outside Number 10, and did four minutes in an interview on the 10 O’Clock news. Adam Boulton appears to have been caught totally on the hop, is standing in Sedgefield Leisure Centre, and has been talking for the best part of 20 minutes, and much more informatively.

by Rob Fenwick on July 19, 2007 at 10:21 pm. Reply #

Watching News 24.
If only BBC could get their OB (ES) to work as well as their Premium Vote Lines huh – F..kin’ Idiots.

by |N|B|W| on July 19, 2007 at 10:46 pm. Reply #

Only one prediction and that is that we’re not going to win either seat, coming second in Sedgefield and third in Southall

by Russell on July 19, 2007 at 10:54 pm. Reply #

What rubbish Russell. Don’t know much about Sedgefield but we will come at least second in Southall.

It can’t be coincidence that the police enquiry into cash for honours is going to report tomorrow. A good outcome for Labour will overshadow any bad news from the by-elections.

by Ann-Marie on July 19, 2007 at 11:29 pm. Reply #

Predictions are that we’re chasing Labour in Ealing. Ming survives!

by GRIMOND1 on July 19, 2007 at 11:46 pm. Reply #

“Tories are in third, and a poor third” is the sense that News 24 is getting from our camp.

I’d be satisfied being within a few percentage points of Labour – I’d be overjoyed if we won it.

by Joe Taylor on July 19, 2007 at 11:48 pm. Reply #

I’ve had it confirmed from the count the Tories are third in Ealing Southall.

They are struggling not to be beaten behind the BNP in Sedgfield as well.

by Dan on July 20, 2007 at 12:08 am. Reply #

whilst waitng for the results I took a look at ConervativeHome. Real cause for cheer

by Iain BB on July 20, 2007 at 12:33 am. Reply #

‘Well “call me Dave” can’t blame the “nasty wing” this time. It was their choice of candidate, their style of campaign, their staffers on the ground and even “David Cameron’s Conservatives” on the ballot paper. Time to start producing results “Dave” or we might want our Party back.’

and

‘I’m afraid this can’t be spun any other way than a bad night for us. I can’t understand how on earth we’ve finished third in Ealing Southall. I’d have expected it in Sedgefield, but not there.’

Poor Tories… 🙁