by Stephen Tall on April 19, 2007
Some of you may have been wondering where the eighth of our weekly round-ups from the Lib Dem blogosphere – featuring the seven most popular stories according to click-throughs from the Aggregator, together with a hand-picked quintet you might otherwise have missed – had got to.
Well, here’s your answer.
I’ve been away – hence the late posting, and lack of hand-picked quintet – but I did diligently check the Aggregator stats last Sunday (from the other side of the world), and what follows is the 10 most clicked-though items between 9th and 15th April.
Allegedly… Because I’ve a sneaking suspicion there was a bug in the system, as they all (bar one) seem to have been posted within a 24-hour period.
Still, they’re an interestingly diverse selection, so enjoy:
1. ‘Norman Baker: Was Robin Cook murdered?’ on Jonathan Calder’s Liberal England blog.
The tenacious MP for Lewes is (apparently) investigating more than just Dr Kelly’s death.
2. ‘Robinson, Riddell, White: What Gets on the News’ on Andrew Hinton’s Mind Robber blog.
A pretty thorough fisking of Nick, Peter and Michael’s performance in front of The Select Committee on Modernisation of the House of Commons.
3. ‘It just isn’t polite to keep winning’ on Duncan Borrowman’s blog.
Reports on the Lib Dems’ continuing obsession with quiz nights.
4. ‘That Sinking Feeling’
Not sure what’s in this post, or by whom it is, as (ahem) I’ve forgotten my MySpace login details. Sorry. But I’m sure it’s well worth reading.
5. ‘Whipping It Up’ on Will Howells’ No Geek Is An Island blog.
Tracing playwright Stephen Moffat’s comedy connections via his new West End play.
6. ‘Simon Hughes reselected’, again on Will Howells’ No Geek Is An Island blog.
In case there was ever any doubt.
7. ‘Tory MP calls for ethnic cleansing’ on Bernard Woolley’s Clowns To The Left Of Me blog.
Highlighting Tory MP Nadine Dorries’s stark reminder of quite how illiberal the Tory Party still is.
8. ‘A Blissful Saturday Evening’ on Alex Wilcock’s Love and Liberty blog.
Watching Doctor Who, surprisingly enough…
9. ‘Debunking our Jimmy’s boast’ on Paul Walter’s Liberal Burblings’ blog.
How did this post from 3rd April sneak in?
10. ‘Beautiful Saturday!’ on Cllr Fraser Macpherson’s blog.
Local election campaigning – so much more fun in good weather.
Normal service resumes this Sunday, with round-up #9…