by Stephen Tall on July 22, 2006
It’s 12 years (and now one day) since Tony Blair was elected leader of the Labour Party. I wonder if he ever thought it would turn out like this?
- His Government regarded as sleazier than John Major’s Tories;
- Trailing the Tories in the polls;
- Forced to defend his deputy who has been found guilty of flouting Parliamentary standards;
- Aligned with a right-wing neo-con President against the United Nations over the latest Middle East crisis; and
- Poised to be interviewed by the police pursuing a criminal investigation.
Still, plenty of time to secure that legacy…