I turned 29 today

by Stephen Tall on March 19, 2006

This means I have just 12 months to get done what I can still legitimately ascribe to the irresponsibilities of youth. I googled “things to do before you’re 30”, and it hasn’t been helpful: I’ve only done two from the list I found, and most of them sound too stag-weekend-kerrazy to be any real fun.

It’s a worry that my current personal c.v. is just too dull for me ever to be able to mount a serious-but-flawed Lib Dem leadership challenge. The clock is ticking…

(Today also marks a far more significant anniversary.)

Happy birthday!

(Mine’s today, the 20th)

by Andy on March 19, 2006 at 10:51 pm. Reply #

Congratulations.

Don’t forget that when you’re in your early thirties (about 31.67 years) you get your 1000 million second moment!

Worth a party…

by Chris Black on March 20, 2006 at 7:27 am. Reply #

I had a crisis around my 30th birthday, when I realised I hadn’t achieved anything from my personal list what to do before I’m 30, but life continues. Don’t forget to celebrate when you hit 33 years and 4 months, that’s your 100/3 birthday.

by Anonymous on March 20, 2006 at 7:54 am. Reply #

Oh, I forgot: Happy birthday!

by Anonymous on March 20, 2006 at 7:55 am. Reply #

Happy birthday!

I’m 28 and I think I’ve done 5 of the “do before you’re 30” list. Unimpressive.

by phil on March 20, 2006 at 8:20 am. Reply #

Cheers all… the celebrations are tonight (after I’ve attended a Council planning meeting, natch).

by Stephen Tall on March 20, 2006 at 10:12 am. Reply #

About 24 hours before my 30th birthday I too looked to see what I was supposed to have done – had hardly done any on the lists you cna find on the internet. So I can up with a list of thirty achievements by thirty see http://www.colin-ross.org.uk/news/451.html – ok some aren’t too exciting but were quite important to me.

Happy 29th!

Colin

by Colin Ross on March 20, 2006 at 10:39 am. Reply #

Happy Birthday!

Can’t remember how many I’d done by thirty but I reckon I’ve done 15 off that list by now.

I wouldn’t worry though – one of mine is refilling an inkjet cartridge and I’m not exactly convinced that experience hugely enhanced my life experience 😉

by Liberal Neil on March 20, 2006 at 11:54 am. Reply #

Happy belated birthday!

Hope you had a fabulous time; I can’t remember exactly what I did on my 29th, but I remember the following weekend, on which I made a teary-eyed farewell speech and got a standing ovation. Well, it was LDYS, and I wanted to resign my membership with plenty of time to go rather than hang onto youth with my fingernails 😉

I’m now 34 and I reckon I’ve still only managed a dozen of your list. Though I vaguely remember one from a gay mag that I managed a few more from. I wonder if it’s still stuck on a shelf somewhere?

And I’ve only managed about 7 of Colin’s impressive list – though, looking at it, I do hope 3 and 17 weren’t at the same time…

by Alex Wilcock on March 20, 2006 at 8:13 pm. Reply #

Turned 29 today. What does that mean? I wish I knew. I wish there was something to know.
-dave